July is just around the corner, and that means it’s time for fresh blueberries! Whenever blueberries are in season, I love to whip up some fresh blueberry treats. Whether it’s a yummy cocktail, a homemade pie, some muffins, or even a smoothie, I love indulging in some fresh fruit.
In fact, July is National Blueberry Month. You should be able to find them readily at your local grocery store or farmers market if you don’t have any growing in your garden.
Blueberries are really good for you
Blueberries not only taste great, but they are good for you too! Did you know that they have the highest amount of antioxidants than any other fruit? That’s right? Your blueberry smoothie is helping you boost your immune system. You will want to select the darkest colored ones because they are the ones richest in antioxidants.
Blueberries are also low-calorie. With fewer than 100 calories in a one cup serving, it’s a great snack choice if you’re watching your weight.
Blueberries are also thought to be great for your brain and reduce the risk of memory loss. Because blueberries contain anthocyanins, they are also thought to help reduce your risk of cancer. Sign me up!
So like Fats Domino used to say, go find your thrill in our delicious recipe roundup.
Find your #blueberry thrill with these 20 delicious #recipes! We’ve rounded up an amazing group of delicious breakfast, dessert and even cocktail recipes to try.
20 Delicious Blueberry Recipes
Blueberries are so versatile, it’s easy to enjoy them for just about any meal of the day. Quick breads and smoothies are great for breakfast, salads for lunch, pies for dessert, and they even make yummy cocktails.
1. Blueberry Mojito from Baking Beauty
2. Blueberry French Toast from Wondermom Wannabe
3. Blueberries and Cream Popsicles from A Simple Pantry
4. Fresh Blueberry Pie from Art From My Table
5. 3 Ingredient Jam from Living Sweet Moments
6. Blueberry Crackle Cake from Simply Stacie
7. Blueberry Caprese Skewers from The Happier Homemaker
8. Blueberry Coconut Milk Smoothie from Super Healthy Kids
9. Sheet Pan Blueberry Pancakes from Life Love Liz
10. Blue Lemonberry Post-Workout Smoothie from Today’s Balanced Woman
11. Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake by Baking with Mom
12. Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes from Teaspoon of Goodness
13. Frozen Blueberry Margaritas by Cooking with Curls
14. Blueberry Cream Cheese Roll Ups from Two Kids and a Coupon
15. Low Carb Blueberry Muffins from Peace, Love and Low Carb
16. Red, White and Blue Sparkling Punch by That’s So Michelle
17. Blueberry and Wild Rice Breakfast Bowl from Hot Eats and Cool Reads
18. Blueberry Stuffed French Toast from The Baking Fairy
19. Blue Raspberry Cheesecake Turnovers from Deliciously Plated
20. Beet and Blueberry Salad with Homemade Vinaigrette from Upstate Ramblings
You may also enjoy reading:
When summer is in full swing, it’s nice to cool off with a delicious, cold dessert. We particularly love icebox cakes.
Quench your thirst with a raspberry and blueberry silver tequila mojito.
Sometimes you need a chocolate treat. And our chocolate mocha bundt cake is absolutely divine. It’s served with a butter coffee pour over. Yum!
Speaking of chocolate, did you know that chocolate can be good for you?
Disclaimer: Never use blogger photos without permission. The Virtual Assistant (Chris) who assisted in preparing this post obtained permission to use the photos included in this article as a member of a blogger roundup group. Links were submitted by blog owners/representatives and are being used in accordance to the group rules.