We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I grew up in Kentucky, so whenever I hear about a new way to enjoy bourbon, I am all for giving it a try. I hadn’t thought to create a bourbon / champagne cocktail before, so sampling “bourbagne” was such a treat.
What is Bourbagne?
Bourbagne is a delightful bourbon and champagne cocktail mentioned in the new book, Breakfast, Tea & Bourbon by Pete Bissonette, releasing on February 9th. Do you ever read something and realize that you just have to try it because it sounds so good? This is one of those.
It’s the perfect cocktail with a southern twist to serve at parties, especially if an event like your tailgating or Super Bowl party is a bit on the “fancier” side. It’s also perfect for dinner parties, and would be especially great for Valentine’s Day or New Year’s Eve celebrations.
How do you make Bourbagne?
First of all, you will need to make a vanilla simple syrup and then make your cocktail. I’ve adapted Pete’s recipe to make enough vanilla simple syrup for multiple drinks.
To Make Vanilla Simple Syrup, you need:
Vanilla Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Vanilla Bean
- Vanilla Extract
- Over medium heat, combine water, sugar and your vanilla bean.
- Whisk these together until it comes to a boil.
- Then reduce your heat.
- Let it simmer until the sugar dissolves. This may take about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Once it has cooled, stir in your vanilla extract.
Now it’s time to make Bourbagne
Here’s how to make it:
Bourbagne - A New Cocktail from Breakfast, Tea & Bourbon
- 1 ounce Bourbon we recommend Buffalo Trace
- 1/2 ounce Vanilla Simple Syrup
- 4 ounces of Sparkling Wine or Champagne
- Vanilla Bean for garnish
- Mix Bourbon and Vanilla Syrup stirring gently
- Pour in the bottom of a champagne flute
- Slowly pour sparkling wine or champagne flute over Bourbon and Syrup mixture
- Garnish with a Vanilla Bean
Pete’s book is part treasure hunt, part recipe book, and part contest. He created a treasure hunt, and the novel gives you clues to find the treasure. If you find the treasure, Pete will give away $50,000.00 USD!
Check out the treasure hunt and find more delightful recipes like “bourbagne” in Breakfast, Tea & Bourbon. There’s also a charitible donation of $5,000 that will be given away when the treasure is discovered. Learn more here: