We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
If you have never had Pork Belly before, what are you waiting for? If you love bacon, you simply owe it to yourself to get your hands on some pork belly as soon as possible. And if you do love it – this recipe for Pork Belly Strips is the way you should be eating it.
How to Cook Pork Belly Strips on the Grill
There are several secrets to cooking up pork belly this insanely good. First off, you have to start off with this Dry Rub, which combines sweet, salty, and smoky along with other wonderful seasonings.
The next secret is the way you slow-cook your seasoned pork belly for hours on the grill or in the smoker until the fat renders down and the meat gets nice and tender.
Next, you slice it and get your favorite barbecue sauce involved before letting your pork belly cook just a bit longer.
By the time your Pork Belly Strips are ready to eat, you’ve had time to make some great side dishes and build up a good appetite. Better yet, make these the “star of the show” at a summer or autumn backyard potluck. After all, when you cook up something this delicious, don’t you want to share it with friends?
What to serve with pork belly strips?
And of course, if you’re tailgating, pork belly will undoubtedly be the star of the show. Serve it up with some yummy loaded baked potato footballs, some bacon and cheese stuffed jalapeno poppers, and if you want to mix in another type of barbecue flavor, some bacon wrapped Gochujang asparagus.
Now, serving some delicious grilled pork belly is quite an indulgence. It’s not the kind of thing you want to eat everyday if you’re watching your waistline, so be sure to factor that into the serving. We’ve calculated the calories based on 8 servings, but you don’t have to eat a full serving. But we certainly understand why you would want to eat it all!
Ingredients you need to make Pork Belly Strips
Ingredients to Make the Homemade Dry Rub:
How to make Pork Belly Strips
Print and Save the Recipe
Pork Belly Strips
- Measuring Spoon
- Jar or other airtight container
- Cutting Board
- Baking Tray
- Aluminum Foil
- Silicone Brush
Ingredients to Make Pork Belly Strips
- 4 lbs Pork Belly Sliced Into Strips
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Dry Rub
Ingredients for Dry Rub
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Kosher Salt
- 4 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin
- 1/2 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
Instructions to Make Dry Rub
- In a small bowl add all dry rub ingredients and stir to combine. Transfer to an air-tight serving container.
Instructions to Make Pork Belly Strips
- Preheat the grill to 225 – 250 degrees.
- Trim excess skin and fat off the pork belly.
- Add olive oil and the dry rub to the pork belly liberally.
- Place the pork belly on a foil-lined baking tray.
- Wrap tightly to endure it is sealed. Place the foil-wrapped pork belly on the grill.
- Place the tray to the side.
- Cook for the pork belly for 4 hours.
- Remove the pork belly from the smoker/grill.
- Place it back on the tray.
- Remove the foil.
- Slice your pork belly into 4-inch strips.
- Add your BBQ sauce and coat evenly on the pork belly slices.
- Cover the pork belly again with the aluminum foil and place back in the oven.
- Cook for an additional 45 minutes.
- Remove from smoker and serve.
try it and share!
Please let us know how you enjoy our Pork Belly Strips recipe. If you make it yourself, please let us know on Pinterest that you tried it and tag us with #theawesomemuse on your Instagram photo. If you haven’t had a chance to make it yet, be sure to save the recipe on Pinterest so you’ll remember where you found it.