We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Although Valentine’s Day is naturally the first thing that comes to mind when you see these Valentine Gummy Bear Sugar Cookies, there are really so many occasions when heart cookies work. You can whip up a batch for Mother’s Day, Date Night, or any other time you’d like to share your love with someone. You could just whip up a batch to share with your favorite “gummy bear-loving” friend. After all, gummy bears are the key ingredient!
Did you know that the largest gummy bear on record weighed 81 pounds? It was two feet tall and two-feet wide – making it sound more like a gummy block than a bear! But you’ll only need regular-sized gummy bears for making these fun cookies. Gummy bears, and some freshly-made sugar cookie dough from a box.
The coolest thing about making these Valentine Gummy Bear Sugar Cookies for someone – they are super easy, but never fail to impress. After all, most people don’t think of gummy bears as something you can melt down and add to cookies. So when you reveal the “secret ingredient”, don’t be surprised if they stare at you with wonder – as they help themselves to a few more cookies!
Valentine Gummy Bear Sugar Cookies
While we have made this recipe for Valentine’s Day, you can use any shaped cookie cutter or thumbprint shape you like and make gummy bear cookies for any occasion.
Valentine Gummy Bear Sugar Cookies are super easy, yet impressive. Wow everyone with the surprise ingredient – gummy bears!Click to tweet
Ingredients you need to make Valentine Gummy Bear Sugar Cookies
This recipe goes together in about 20 minutes because we’re using a sugar cookie mix to save time.
However, if you want to make some sugar cookies from scratch, you can find our homemade sugar cookies recipe in our Hocus Pocus and Grinch sugar cookie recipes. Can you tell we love holiday themed sugar cookies?
- 1 Package of sugar cookie mix + ingredients listed on the box to make it
- Red gummy bears
How to make Valentine Gummy Bear Sugar Cookies
Print and Save the Recipe
Valentine Gummy Heart Cookies
Ingredients to Make Valentine Gummy Bear Sugar Cookies
- 1 pkg Sugar Cookie Mix PLUS Ingredients listed on the box
- Red Gummy Bears
Instructions to Make Valentine Gummy Bear Sugar Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the sugar cookie mix as directed on the package.
- Form the sugar cookie batter into small balls with a tablespoon of the batter, and slightly flatten.
- Place the formed cookies into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Cut the red gummy bears in half lengthwise. You will need one gummy bear for each cookie.
- Gently press down with your index or pinky finger into the center of each cookie, forming a “v” or heart shape. These cookies turn out better if you can create a fairly deep indent by going back and pressing down with the tip of your finger, but be careful not to push too far through the bottom of the cookie.
- Place one half of the red gummy bear into each of the two sections of the heart shape on each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes until they are cooked through, and the gummy bears have melted in the center.
- If your gummy bears are not completely melted, you can take a toothpick, and swirl them around to finish melting them and distribute the gummy candy around the heart shape on each cookie.
- Let the cookies cool, and serve.
try it and share!
Please let us know how you enjoy our Valentine Gummy Bear Sugar Cookies recipe. If you make it yourself, please let us know on Pinterest that you tried it and tag us with #theawesomemuse on your Instagram photo. If you haven’t had a chance to make it yet, be sure to save the recipe on Pinterest so you’ll remember where you found it.
You may enjoy following our Pinterest Boards, Cookie Recipes and Valentine Recipes.