We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Are you blogging for your business? It’s often mentioned that business owners should be blogging on their website for their business and sometimes they may not understand why. I thought it would be helpful to explain why you should blog or why it’s a great idea that you are blogging.
You don’t have to be a mommy blogger or blogger in order to blog, nor do you have to be a great writer. You need to have passion about what you are selling – product or service and want to help others understand what it is that you do while providing them with value at the same time.
It’s a win-win-win situation
Having a blog provides so much value that everyone wins – the consumer and you! Score!Click to tweet
Here are a few ways in which blogging is win win for everyone:
- You are using your blog to educate others about your product or service.
- As you are educating others about what you do, you are providing them with value – it’s additional information about something they clearly have interest in
- While you are providing them with this value, you are helping to advise why they may need your product or service.
- Meanwhile the search engines love content so you are providing more content on your website – so be sure this occurs in the same space as your website – where your products or services are.
It’s a full circle, what’s not to love? Oh, you say you aren’t a great writer? No worries, there are content writers out there that can help you but if you have passion for what you do, surely you can find a way.
How to know what to blog
Remember that I said that you want to provide value to your consumers, well, once you find out what they want, what they want to know more about, you take that piece and explain it more. If you offer widgets, surely you have listed what widgets you offer and what they are for but a blog takes one benefit or lumps them all together as another reminder. For example – The Top 5 Benefits of a Widget Maker; or Why a Widget Can Help To Do X; How a Widget Can Help With your Y.
Pains & Questions
Consider the top ten questions you are asked about your product or service or the biggest pains folks have with your industry, those are great topics for a blog. What could you explain better so folks see the need for your product or service? Those are great places to start. Remember, keep it simple and build upon it or even make it a series.
Few tips about blogs
Last thing before I go, I wanted to remind you of a few things to consider as you embark on blogging for your business.
- remember who your audience is
- keep it simple and build upon it
- write at least 400 words
- add images with each blog post
- it’s not difficult, you are making it harder than it is
- outsource your topics or your finished blog for help
- make it pretty, and use spacing, headlines and such to make it easier to read
Hopefully this was helpful to explain why you should be blogging for your business. Let me know if you have any questions or pop it into the comment section below.