Articles published or shared on The Awesome Muse share the following things in common:
- Articles should be between 500-700 words.
- Articles may be submitted that are longer than 700 words. However, they may be broken down into a series of shorter articles.
- All images for the article’s featured image must be landscape.
- All images for the article’s featured image must be at minimum 1280 x 850.
- Additional images may be portrait or landscape.
- You must own the photos you submit. Images found on Google Image, Pinterest, Flickr, etc will not be permitted.
- If you do not have an image to include, we will provide a creative commons image for the article.
The Awesome Muse is looking for articles on:
- arts and culture,
- health and wellness,
- living well,
- social media,
- and travel.
Please note that we do not compensate for guest posts at this time.
Licensing Agreement between you as “Author” and The Awesome Muse.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. By submitting content to The Awesome Muse, Author hereby grants to The Awesome Muse a non-exclusive license to use content (regardless of the form or medium of such content, whether text, videos, photographs, audio or otherwise), submitted to The Awesome Muse now or in the future (collectively, the “Materials”) for use or possible use on The Awesome Muse’s website, TheAwesomeMuse.com (the “Site,”) in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. The license granted hereunder includes the perpetual, world-wide right to edit, reproduce, use, display, license, print, publish, promote, distribute, store, and otherwise exploit the Materials (either in the form submitted or in the form of a derivative or adapted work), in connection with the Site, or in any other manner and in any medium or forum, whether now known or hereafter devised, which is related to or derivative of the Site in any way including promotion or marketing of the Site. The Awesome Muse agrees that it will use its best efforts to give proper attribution to the Author each time the Materials are used.
2. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES. Author shall be solely responsible for Author’s submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. Author represents and warrants that Author has the full legal right, power and authority to grant the license provided for herein to The Awesome Muse, and that Author owns or controls all rights to the Materials. In connection with each of your submissions, you affirm, represent and/or warrant that: 1. You own or have the necessary licenses, rights consents, and permissions to use and authorize The Awesome Muse to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all such submissions to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by The Awesome Muse and this Agreement; 2. You have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in such submissions to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by The Awesome Muse and this Agreement. In furtherance of the foregoing, you agree that you will not: (a) submit Material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission form their rightful owner to post the Material and to grant us all of the rights granted herein; (b) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us or any third party; or (c) submit Material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate. The Awesome Muse reserves the right to remove or not publish submissions without prior notice.
3. INDEMNIFICATION. Author shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless The Awesome Muse and its licensees, successors and assigns, and each of its member,s officers, agents, and employees from all liabilities or losses, including without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or related to The Awesome Muse’s exercise of the rights granted herein.
4. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California.